UPDATE: As of 11/9/17 this position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Northern Ground!
Original post: This is a rare opportunity to join our experienced design team due to growth. We don't have persistent fake job openings to look cool. This is real and we're hunting for someone special that can round out our team. We're a small, high-performance studio that is best suited for an experienced designer, but we're not looking for someone with 22 years at 22 different agencies, we need a mid-level Digital Designer that is ready for a step up. We want someone who is art-forward, understands digital platforms and loves a variety of complex work.
Do you have respect for your trade? Do you strive to design work that stands apart? Do you understand marketing and want to work with global brands? Yeah? Then check out our latest work reel and our vibes on Instagram to see if you're interested.
If you're feeling us, send a note and your portfolio over e-mail to Ryan Janecek. The first step will be a low-key meeting at our place. Beyond just skill and portfolio, we hire on attitude and fit, both ways. Read on for some job parameters which we will bend to accommodate the right person.
YOU GIVE US:
- Know how to draw.
- Care about something - anything - enough to have deep knowledge about it. Make us excited about it too.
- Broad design experience on multiple platforms; web, mobile, games, custom UIs, touch.
- Experience with the tools of the trade; Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch.
- Ability to design progressively enhanced cross-browser experiences.
- An understanding of good design principles, awareness of web UX standards and techniques and a collaborative mindset.
- Art backgroud and design degree.
- Illustration and animation skills.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
- Experience at a larger agency, so you understand the value of our agile setup.
WE'll GIVE YOU:
- Trust and respect.
- Meaningful work within a close-knit team.
- Autonomy to do your best work in a focused digital-only studio.
- No hour tracking or check-ins from inexperienced project managers - we are quality and deadline driven.
- Growth through challenging projects with a diverse client base of brands and B2Bs.
- Competitive compensation package to include vacation and personal days plus a paid week off over the holidays every year.
- 100% paid health and dental plans with employer funded health savings account.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Free lunch Fridays.
- Stable, adult human beings as co-workers and engaged, trusting clients.
- Perks up the ying-yang like free structure parking, brand new everything, a great studio (roof top deck, a gym in the building) and all of the espresso and craft beer you can drink. The End